All the holidays are more fun with kids, which is why we end up pulling out our best creative ideas. As it turns out, the creativity is contagious – Funny Rico came up with an idea for deviled eggs with multicolored centers for an Easter-themed party.
The basic recipe is:
Start with whatever deviled egg recipe you like. The one I like comes from Rico’s lovely wife and is very yummy (all measurements are to taste):
- Dozen eggs (hard boiled and cut in half lengthwise)
- Take out the yokes, leaving the white in tact
- Mix the yokes with mayo and yellow mustard until creamy.
- Add salt, dill and pepper until it tastes right
- Now, you have the basic mix and it is time for the fun.
Put the portion of yoke mix into a small bowl with two drops of food coloring. If you want it to be a richer color, add more food coloring one drop at a time. Remember that the more you add, the more likely your teeth will turn that color. Let a little go a long way.
Voila – Deviled Easter Eggs.
I should also mention that Rico even made the mayonnaise that went in the eggs – he is super clever! Maybe he will be an honorary Mommy of the Year!